By accessing the AHH, you agree:
- That the AHH is a voluntary activity, and may be terminated by either party – AHH or you – at any time and without any liability to either party;
- [Requirements for PK-12 student participation in AHH (Ex. That your PK-12 student must have access to a reliable Internet connection, a Google account, and a laptop or computer with a working video camera and microphone to participate in the AHH)];
- That you accept the risks associated with transmitting information over the Internet and using telecommunications technologies (including electronic tampering and unauthorized access by third parties), and that you will only use a computer or device that you know is safe and, at a minimum, has a firewall, anti-virus software installed, is password protected, and accesses the Internet through a private, password-protected connection when participating in the AHH;
- That participation in the AHH will require your PK-12 student to use third-party products or services that are not operated or controlled by AHH (“Third Party Services”), and that use of those Third Party Services will be governed solely by the terms applicable to those Third Party Services as agreed upon between you and the providers of the Third Party Services;
- That AHH does not endorse or support, is not responsible for, and disclaims all liability as to the privacy practices, data security processes, and other policies or practices of Third Party Services;
- To be, and to ensure that your PK-12 student is, respectful to AHH personnel and other AHH participants, and to ensure that your PK-12 student does not, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of AHH, its personnel, or other AHH participants;
- To comply with copyright and other intellectual property laws pertaining to files, images, software, and other protected material that may be used or referenced during the AHH;
- To monitor your PK-12 student’s participation in the AHH and to determine whether the AHH is beneficial to and appropriate for your student;
- That only you and your student may participate in AHH sessions;
- That you will not record AHH sessions or share any materials that may be used or referenced during the AHH;
- That the AHH is intended to complement, but not replace, the education or activities provided by your student’s regular school or you, and is provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied;
- That AHH personnel may or may not be certified or professional teachers and AHH assumes no duty or responsibility for the learning outcome or your student’s academic performance or progression;
- That information provided by you about you and your PK-12 student is accurate and does not misrepresent the identity of you or your PK-12 student;
- That information provided by you about you and your student may be disclosed to AHH employees, volunteers, and contractors for the purposes of providing the AHH;
- That AHH may change the content of the AHH at any time without notice;
- That any AHH volunteers will be serving as direct service volunteers to AHH as described in Texas Education Code § 51.937;
- That AHH may use your student’s name, likeness (still or moving), and words (written or spoken) for purposes related to the mission of AHH, including publicity, marketing, and promotion of AHH, in any medium with your expressed permission;
- That you hereby waive, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and defend AHH, The Texas A&M University System and its Board of Regents, and their members, officers, agents, volunteers, and employees (“releasees”) from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, injuries, or damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees and expenses, that you or your student may sustain or inflict while participating in the AHH, including injuries sustained as a result of the sole, joint, or concurrent negligence, gross negligence, negligence per se, statutory fault, intentional torts, or strict liability of releasees; and
- That you have the legal right as parent or guardian to register your PK-12 student for the AHH.
We hope you find the AHH useful and encourage suggestions and comments. Please report any inappropriate behavior by AHH personnel to askAHH@tamu.edu.
AHH does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide your contact information or any other personally identifiable information to AHH. If you are the parent or legal guardian of someone under the age of 13 who may have provided AHH with information without your knowledge or consent, please contact askAHH@tamu.edu to have this information removed.
To view, amend, or delete any information provided by you about you or your child, please contact askAHH@tamu.edu.